Finding the right orthodontist can be difficult. Sometimes you know straight away. However, sometimes you may need to look around to be sure and get a second opinion. If you feel uncomfortable, don’t settle. You need to be comfortable, as you will be seeing an orthodontist to straighten teeth for a minimum of six months. A great place to start is your Dentist; most Dentists can recommend great Orthodontists in Sydney. Otherwise, asking around is a great source of advice as they have experienced firsthand custom orthodontics. When you do go searching for an orthodontist, there are a few questions you can ask to help determine your choice.
Questions to ask your potential orthodontist:
- What is your experience as an orthodontist?
- Do you have accreditations and training to use the orthodontics braces you promote?
- Do you recommend braces, or a different treatment? Why?
- Are braces a necessity to straighten teeth?
- Will braces orthodontics change my facial profile?
- Will you keep in contact with my regular dentist?
- How often will I need to visit the orthodontist during treatment?
If you are asking in regards to braces for kids, consider the following extra questions:
- Is my child the right age for braces?
- What are the advantages of early treatment?
- How long will treatment last?
- Will any teeth need to be extracted?
- If they have treatment now, will they have braces for teenagers?
Any orthodontists in Sydney should be willing to answer all of the above questions. If they avoid answering any of the questions this should solve your search for ‘the right orthodontist’ straight away. If you are struggling to decide on the right orthodontists due to differing orthodontic opinions, regarding custom orthodontics, keep looking until you find an orthodontist that shares the same opinion as another.
Norwest Orthodontics is a state-of-the-art facility that offers customised treatment suitable for the individual. We have a high level of service and patient care – friendly, patient and caring and we will answer any questions you may have. Contact Norwest Orthodontics with your questions today on 9672 6113.